Wednesday, May 25, 2016

5 Minutes, 10 Minutes--If You Run You Are A Runner

I've been motivated to write this post due to many of my friends recently getting involved with running. They all seem to be struggling with one thing, "I only ran for five minutes then I was done. I suck at running. How can I run for 45 minutes if I can't run for five?" 

These sentences have come out of every one of my friends mouth, but what they don't understand is that it once came out of my mouth, and occasionally is repeated every once in a while. Whether its 5 minutes, 10 minutes, an hour--- if you run then you are a runner--no one can change that-- not even your mind!

Running is mental. I don't care what anyone says it drives me up a wall when people say "I could never run that much, I physically could never do that." Thats all training folks! No one can easily run 45 minutes without training your body to do so! It's not easy! It's draining and takes a lot out of your body! It's not easy and it is not something that is going to happen over night. Here is what you do. Make/Find a training schedule and go do it! You don't have to run the entire time it says--- let your body tell you how much you can do. Walk the other part! Do intervals... Once you get most of it down then challenge yourself.

Where does it kick in mentally? I physically can now run over 2 hours. My body has worked up to being able to do it. If I was to go out in an hour in run for 3 hours it wouldn't happen. You have to mentally prepare to conquer the run! If you say you can't you won't. If you allow for yourself to be challenged and keep at it, you will.

To all my friends getting out there looking for a change... keep going! It isn't easy. I am living, breathing, physical proof that you can do this! I stopped running for almost a year.. A few runs here and there but nothing comparable to what I used to do... Now I am working on training for a full marathon. It takes time! Don't let the run conquer you, conquer the run. Push yourself to conquer your challenges!

I am running a 10 miler in October... Its May.. You can do it! Contact me if you are interested! Lets work together to get you physically ready, but most importantly we will work together to mentally prepare you to show the world that you are a runner!

A runner is not one who does a million races. A runner is someone who gets up, ties their laces, and puts their heart and mind into a workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment